Tuesday 1 November 2016

Cards for Boo

Two of the most recent cards I've made lately have been for my niece Boo. The first was because she was a big brake girl when she had her tonsils taken out, the second for her third (where has the time gone) birthday.  For her get well card I used one of my favourite stamp sets from Love Cynthia who I found on Instagram. 
 
How cute is the unicorn?? I coloured it with promarkers which I always find therapeutic. I decided to go for a soft pastel colour theme   As much as I love this stamp set I always struggle with what colour to use on the unicorn. This time I went for a creamy colour but I need to think of a way colour her white without just leaving the card plain, maybe a Wink of Stella pen or something? 
I then chose some papers from Dear Lizzy to compliment the image and voila, finished. 
For Boo's birthday card I looked through my stash and found some old die cuts from Fancy Pants, I forget the name of the collection now I think it was True Friends or something like that. I chose a selection of scraps from my scraps box, including some gorgeous Stampin Up gold heart vellum, and made this. 
Have to say I'm rather chuffed with this card. I think because of the combination of the die cuts and the vellum clouds. Those clouds are so cute, I think they'll definetly be something I repeat again on a card or layout. 

1 comment:

  1. Two beautiful cards - you have coloured the unicorn beautifully. If you want to leave the unicorn white what you could do is use a very pale grey or blue (like pastel blue) to just add some shading - this is what I do when I use stamped snowmen, it just adds a little bit of dimension without colouring the whole image in. Of course a wink of stella pen would be good too - nothing wrong with a delicately shimmering unicorn x

    ReplyDelete